Our Mancats are all spruced up for the festivities of New Year's Eve. Don't they look suave and debonair in their feathered top hat and sparkly tie? Sorry for the blur of Two Spots photo - he doesn't sit still long enough for anyone! We will party with the humans, watching the crystal ball drop in Times Square on our new HD TV!
We want to end this year on a fun, not sad note - it has been a tough year for us as well as many of our friends and family with illness, hardships and losses. Our hearts go out to everyone. So without further ado - here are the most unusual drops in the US for New Years Eve.
- The town of McVeytown, Pa., will ring in 2016 with the second annual Ice Cream Cake Drop - a Baby Cake ice cream cake from a local sub and malt shop.
- In Bethlehem, PA, home of the sugary Peeps Easter treat, a 4.5-foot tall, 85-pound lit PEEPS Chick will drop at 5:15 p.m. on December 31.to welcome the New Year.
- In Mobile, AL they usher in the New Year with an unusual event - MoonPie Over Mobile new Year's Eve Celebration which includes the drop of a 600-pound, electric MoonPie drop, laser light show and fireworks overhead.
- The harbor town of Port Clinton, Ohio, celebrates the New Year watching a gigantic, 20-foot, 600-pound fish fall from the sky at the Walleye Drop.(We'd like to see this one!)
- Las Cruces puts a New Mexican flourish to the New Year's tradition with its 19-foot chrome Chile Drop, illuminated with 400 feet of programmed LED lights. (Info courtesy of USA Today)
Our wish for you is the best of everything in 2016 - we love you all.